Monday, February 15, 2010

Abbie's first birthday...finally!

Hey, it's only been seven months (unlike Olivia's 2nd birthday that was almost two YEARS ago that still hasn't been scrapped!).

Sometimes other layouts just seem more fun to do, and sometimes (for me) trying to find the "right" birthday paper can be daunting! I didn't want paper that screamed birthday, or was too baby. This paper I found at Green Tangerines last week is very summery (perfect for a July 14 birthday) and not too "birthday" at all! It's by Kaiser craft & the bonus is that it's double sided! Fun, and perfect since I made two layouts exactly the same (one for her album & one for mine). The layout was lifted from one by Laura Vegas in February's Creating Keepsakes.




Again, I photographed it outside instead of scanning it...so much better!

***ETA: the original layout had journaling strips on the left hand side, which balances it out nicely. I left those off originally, because there's really not much to say about her birthday :) However, I think I am going to add a few words (like the date, or "celebrate" or something) with white background letter stickers like Hannah & Henry from American Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment