Wednesday, January 12, 2011

thanksgiving

52-thanksgiving
I realized as I sat down to scrap this that although I took a decent amount of pictures, I took most of them of Abbie! Whoops! Fortunately there were a few of other people too Smile
I used another Allison Davis sketch (volume 6) for this layout. I stayed pretty true to her original sketch, except I made the title block larger so I could fit my title into it. “Thanksgiving” is a L O N G word, so I stacked it to make it fit, and I left the dots off the “i" so I could squish it better! Oh well!
52-thanksgiving-1
The chipboard accents are all Basic Grey Pyrus (like all the paper). It came with three “phrase” accents as well: So Happy, So Blessed, & So Thankful. I didn’t like how the pre-made ones looked (it needed a third “white paper” spot to balance out IMO), so I just wrote those words on paper instead.
52-thanksgiving-3
And, for the first time ever, I drew my own journaling lines! I’ve seen it a ton. I lined my ruler up on the left hand side so I could space the lines sort of evenly: I started each line at 3/8” intervals & just drew. I have to say, I’m pretty pleased with the result!
52-thanksgiving-4

No comments:

Post a Comment