Wednesday, April 11, 2012

sketch support | disney highlights, 2011

 

Two page week just wrapped up at Sketch Support, so it’s time to share my layout. Head on over there to get a free copy of this two-page sketch & check out what the rest of the creative team came up with.

I decided to scrap some photos from our vacation last November to Disneyland. I hadn’t done much, other than another layout of the holidays at Disney. I’m planning on making a photo book  on Shutterfly with all of our photos, so I chose to just pick a few highlights. I even had my (almost) six year old daughter help choose photos & come up with her favorites from our vacation for the journaling.

disney-highlights-2011

Supplies – patterned paper: American Crafts, Crate Paper, Echo Park, Jillibean Soup; buttons: Crate Paper; label & letter stickers: Jillibean Soup; ink: Tsukineko; corrugated letters: Jillibean Soup (all from my February Green Tangerines Kit Club)

disney-highlights-3

Variation #1 – I used a cute mini-heart print from Jillibean Soup rather than striped paper. I didn’t have a good stripe to match all the patterned paper I was using, and I liked how this paper coordinated & had a small enough print to work.

disney-highlights-1

Variation #2 – Instead of using labels & a swirl on the far right, I used little letter stickers & a couple of buttons. I was able to write the sentiment I wanted to in the same space without changing the overall design.

disney-highlights-2

Variation #3 – For the title, I kept the embellishments & actual title similar to the sketch by using letter stickers & a button, along with a small label. However, I omitted the actual block behind the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment