Monday, June 21, 2010

Christmas...in June :)

I finally got around to scrapping my Christmas pictures last week. I used my December Green Tangerine's kit and a sketch from Allison Davis' sketch book volume 5.


I apologize for the not-so-great photo. For some reason I just can't get my white layouts to photograph nicely. They always seem to wash out (if I'm in the sun) or turn blue (in the shade, which is where I took this). I did some adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw that did warm it up a bit, but...oh well.

There are a few spots on her sketch that call for "circles" so I used some buttons from my stash. These are Making Memories buttons that I bought in just about every color I could...in 2002 :)  I tied them with some fun silver string from my kit.

Journaling strips, of course. I've found the trick (for me) is to pre-journal on a sheet of lined notepad. I draw a line down the edge to mark the width. Then I don't have to deal with erasing & having my original words show thru when I don't trace perfectly.

And lastly, all the different papers together. This seems to be my new "thing": using lots of patterned paper like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment