Wednesday, February 9, 2011

heritage challenge, week 3

Community.

This week we were asked to document something about the community that our topic person grew up in. My mom grew up in an apartment building in San Francisco, in an area known as Park Merced. My grandparents are no longer alive, so I had to use information from my mom. I asked her, “What are some fun things you did with people in your community?”



I based my layout on a sketch I found on the Page Maps website here. I swapped out the flowers for the buttons from Graphic 45 (a requirement for the challenge was to include the buttons) and also moved them a little bit. My journaling also takes up a bit more space since I had a story to tell. I hand-drew the lines again…fun!

Tip: measure out the width of the area you can journal in (here just over 3 1/2”) onto binder paper. You can figure out how many lines you will need before drawing them. To draw my journaling lines, I set a ruler on the left hand side & started each line 3/8” apart. I drew the first one to end just before it hit the “good times” sticker (see below) and drew the others similarly long.



The papers, stickers, and ribbon were all from my new February Green Tangerines Kit Club. The kit came with some beautiful script black letters; however, I wasn’t sure if they’d fit and I didn’t want to use up the “e”s just yet!



I love this “bingo” paper from Sassafras, and the October Afternoon “Thrift Shoppe” file sticker was perfect to add to this photo. I barely adhered it to the edge, and just like my last heritage layout, I lightly tacked down the photo in case we want to remove it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment