Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday, Olivia. I can't believe you're four years old now. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I first held you in my arms & marveled at your gorgeous turquoise eyes & red hair. Of course the turquoise eyes are long gone, but you still have the most beautiful hair I have ever seen.

I have loved watching you grow into such a fun little girl from that sweet little baby. You seem so mature for your age at times, but then something will happen to upset you & it reminds me that you're still little and need your mommy. Sigh. I know it won't be that way for much longer.

I love how you constantly feel the need to interrupt me just to tell me, "you know...I love you." I won't lie, it can be downright annoying at times! But I tell myself that (sadly) there will be a day, all too soon, when you will be telling me something quite the opposite! And there are plenty of other mothers out there who would give anything to be interrupted just to hear "I love you." So rather than be annoyed at you for interrupting, I cherish your sweetness.

I love how determined you are to do anything Brandon can do even better! You are, and always have been, my little Annie Oakley. I don't appreciate how you rub it in to him, but that's what being a little sister is all about. You love to practice your handwriting & are so proud that you know how to spell your name out loud. One of your favorite things to do is your "homework." You sit for great lengths of time writing letters over & over & over until they are perfect. You have us write lots of words on paper for you to trace & then write on your own. Just yesterday I found a paper you'd written some words on & for a moment I thought it was something an adult had written.

Lately, you've gotten a new friend, Samantha. She's eight & loves to play school and dress up with you and have fashion shows. You LOVE to dress up & do make-up. I can't believe that I already have to tell you how much make-up you can wear to school! Fortunately, you're usually content to wear moisturizer & chapstick.

You also love to go shopping & have "girls' days". I have so much fun shopping with you! It's fun to pick out clothes & try them on, and get your make-up done at the Bobbi Brown counter. It reminds me of when I was little.

And even though you enjoy "big girl" activities, you still love to play with dolls. It's fun to play Barbies with you & remember how much fun I had playing when I was a little girl.

So, cheers to you, Olivia. Happy 4th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment