Monday, September 26, 2011

sketch support | 1st day of school

 

Layout 1

You can download and print this sketch (and others!) by going to Sketch Support and clicking on the one-page sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.

45-first-day

supplies: letter stickers: American Crafts, Basic Grey; word stickers: October Afternoon; patterned paper: My Mind’s Eye, Crate Paper, Graphic 45, Cosmo Cricket, October Afternoon, Sassafras; pearls: Prima; punches: Martha Stewart, Fiskars; ink: Tsukineko

1) I followed the sketch pretty closely. I kept all of the paper dimensions the same. I did enlarge the main photo to  3-1/2”x 5” because it just worked better for my photo.

45-first-day-3

2) I omitted the stitching on the clouds & used some fun word stickers in my stash instead. I think it has the same effect and adds a little extra to this spot.

45-first-day-2

3) I also omitted the row of stitching along the patterned paper strips. I used some really busy papers, and the stitching would have been overkill.

45-first-day-1

4) And I used a bit of inking on the flags & flagpoles to help them stand out a bit more.

1 comment: