Tuesday, September 6, 2011

sketch support | september card

 

Today’s card is based on this sketch at Sketch Support.

Sept-card

supplies: patterned paper: Bo Bunny, Echo Park, Crate Paper; ink: Tsukineko; paper ribbon: basic grey; letter stickers: October Afternoon, Lush by My Mind’s Eye

I needed a card for my uncle’s 60th birthday last week, so I grabbed my June Green Tangerine’s kit box, this month’s card sketch, & whipped one out! I always have cards around, but they seem to be geared to women or kids (since that’s usually who I’m giving them to).

I made a couple of simple changes: 1) I used the ribbon paper instead of striped paper, & 2) I didn’t add hearts or flowers or any embellishments to the three squares. I used a funky patterned paper instead, because it was for a guy. I inked up all my edges to make it pop, added my sentiment with word stickers & was done. Oh, and did I mention, this card was 5x7…a nice big one for a change! I may be making more of this size in the future; it was nice to fit my three kids’ “signatures” on the inside Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment