Friday, February 24, 2012

sketch support | bailey

 

It’s one page sketch week over at Sketch Support. Head on over there to check out this week’s sketch & what the rest of the Creative Team has come up with.

Here’s my take:

17-bailey

Supplies – patterned paper: Bo Bunny, My Mind’s Eye, Bella Blvd; buttons: Basic Grey; corrugated letters: Jillibean Soup; word stickers: Authentique; ink:Tsukineko; other: embroidery floss

As soon as I saw the large heart I knew I wanted to make this layout. I’ve had these photos for over three years, and the idea for almost six. Bailey was a special dog & needed a special layout.

First of all, to get the large heart (& small hearts since I don’t own a heart punch), I went into PSE & drew some hearts. Then I made a few tweaks to the design:

17-bailey-1

Variation #1: I used buttons instead of the smallest hearts. I wanted this layout to be about how much my kids love my parents' dog, but not overly "lovey" with tons of hearts. Bailey was a boy, after all, lol!

17-bailey-2

Variation #2: I omitted the stitching and some of the hearts at the bottom. I ended up liking how it looked just like this (even though I had cut out other hearts & had more buttons). Once I added the word stickers it just felt done.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christine. Just had to stop by and tell you that I love your layout. I just love those colours and your photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete