Friday, March 9, 2012

sketch support | happy birthday

 

A few ladies I work with had birthdays this last weekend, and a few good friends have birthdays this next week…so needless to say it’s time to replenish my birthday card stash!

I love the card sketch featured at Sketch Support this week. Head on over to check out what the rest of the Creative Team came up with, and to grab your own FREE copy of the sketch.

 

card-sketch

Supplies – patterned paper: My Mind’s Eye, Authentique; paper flowers: unknown, in Green Tangerine’s January kit club; brads: Bo Bunny; fabric letters: American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; other: embroidery floss

Variation #1 - The most obvious change I made was that I used half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock to make the card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. I kept all the other dimensions the same.

Variation #2 - I omitted the swirl & used larger letters for the sentiment. Which makes the title block more of a background than a block, but I like it like that :)

I’m also loving the colors from the GTKC January kit…turquoise, sand, orange, brown…reminds me of the beach…when is summer already?

1 comment:

  1. You can never have too many birthday cards! Love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete