Monday, December 14, 2009

Countdown to Christmas, pt 1

I've mentioned my Advent Calendar already. I'm trying to take a picture of what we're doing each day so I can scrap it later. I'm going to have to go back & take pics of some of the things I don't have a picture of.

I'd like to share what we've been up to for the first half of the month:

1: Find Elfie & tell her what you'd like for Christmas


2-Pick out a Christmas movie, snuggle under a blanket, & watch it together
(no picture yet; they watched Frosty the Snowman)

3-Read "Twas the Night before Christmas"



4-Look at the ornaments on the Christmas tree, then have some hot chocolate.
**Disclaimer: I hadn't actually decorated the tree yet at this point, so we changed what it said to "Put the ornaments on the tree". It's so nice to have children who can't read!



5-Make a yummy Christmas cake.


6-Sing some Christmas carols--loudly!

7-Let's make a gingerbread house!





8-Roast marshmallows in the fireplace. Yummy!



9-Drive around & look at Christmas lights in your pajamas--snuggle up with your favorite blanket.



10-Have some Christmas candy! Enjoy!

11-Watch "The Santa Clause" & laugh together. Have some popcorn too!

12-Make Christmas popcorn. (This was supposed to be popcorn balls. However, I ended a LOT busier than intended so we were going to put Christmas sprinkles in popcorn. But life happened & we couldn't. Hats off to my mom for doing it for us while babysitting!)

13-Read Christmas stories together. (Note to self: buy more Christmas books!)

14-Make some Christmas cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think you are super mom! You are truly amazing to me. Please tell me that is not your house with all the lights!?! We do the Elf on the Shelf too. Love him! In fact that was our Christmas present to all the little ones around us. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete