Thursday, December 24, 2009

The innocence of chidren

I love how my kids tell the truth 100% of the time. It's like it's never occured to them to lie.

Case in point: Just yesterday Brandon wanted to show me how he jumps from his bed to Olivia's, because he can do it really well now. I asked when he had learned to do that, knowing it wasn't exactly something I condoned. He said, "At night time when we're supposed to be sleeping." Of course.

I had to follow that up with, "What else do you do when you're supposed to be sleeping?" Olivia said, "We talk."

"Talk about what?" I asked.

"We talk about Jesus." Okay, my heart just melted :) "What do you talk about Jesus?"

"We talk to Jesus about Bailey and when we get to go to heaven & see him again." Bailey is my family's dog that was put to sleep after 12 happy years last December 26.

I reminded them that they're not allowed to go visit Jesus for a VERY long time, not until they are VERY OLD and mommy & daddy have been there a VERY VERY long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment