Thursday, December 10, 2009

SNOW!

In Roseville?

Monday morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow. Unfortunately, from what I've heard, it snowed at about 4 in the morning. So by the time I woke up take pictures at 6am most of it had melted away.

This was us:








Unbelievable! I hear that we got about 2" of snow!

So then my mom watches my kids for me on Tuesdays when I go to work. She had already told me she was planning on bringing them to McDonald's for lunch as a special treat (i.e., she didn't feel like making lunch!). On her way to pick up my daughter from preschool, she could see the snow up in the hills & had an idea, "how about going to McDonald's in Auburn!". Auburn is at about 1200', so they got "real" snow.

The kids didn't have snow clothes on, but they didn't care! They had lunch & then a snowball fight on the lawn for about a half hour. They wrapped some blankets on their legs for the fifteen minute drive home & had a blast! Do I have an awesome mom or what?!



No comments:

Post a Comment