Sunday, March 6, 2011

heritage challenge, week 5

Childhood homes.

The challenge this week was to document the home. I really would've loved to have been able to take the time to document all of our parents’ homes; my mom grew up in an apartment in San Francisco. My dad grew up in a small house in Oildale (Bakersfield), CA. My mother-in-law was raised on a potato farm in North Dakota. My father-in-law grew up in suburban LA. And my husband’s step-mom was a Navy brat who spent a good portion of her childhood in Hawaii. All very different. Someday I’ll get all of their stories down!

Since I mostly have pictures from my mom, I decided to tell her story of life in San Francisco in the 1950s.



I used a bunch of papers from my February Green Tangerine’s kit club. A lot of the stuff in kit has that retro feel, so it worked out perfectly for me!



We were challenged to use some antique lock & key pieces as well. I used the vintage looking door lock below as a fun accent.



I also added these screw-like brads to my journaling box. The font here is Mom’s Typewriter. I probably got it at dafont.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment