Wednesday, March 9, 2011

heritage challenge, week 6



This week we were challenged to document a favorite pastime. I found this great picture of my mom riding her bike on the streets of San Francisco & knew it would work perfectly!



We were also challenged to use some fun tape (with the numbers & text at the very bottom). It’s like a masking tape & slightly translucent. Very fun. I paired it with my February Green Tangerines kit stash & was so happy with the results.


This die-cut “lace” paper from Basic Grey was perfect for a photo of a bike. I layered it on top of some beige cardstock and then added a fun plastic tag. I copied an idea from Brenda that I saw in the GTKC gallery & cut the tag; I used the larger lined section for journaling, and the smaller bracketed section for a small tag by the photo. I added the letter “c” (my mom’s initial) to that.


Another fun trick I scraplifted from the GTKC gallery was layering the chipboard Thickers. Seriously, why didn’t I think of this before?! I think this is one of my new favorite techniques to squish in a too long title!


No comments:

Post a Comment