Friday, August 26, 2011

sketch support | happy 5th birthday

 

My layout is based on a one-page sketch at Sketch Support.

image

Get your free copy of the sketch here.

 

30-happy-5th

Supplies: patterned paper: Echo Park; letter stickers: Basic Grey & American Crafts; buttons: stash; label stickers: October Afternoon; other: embroidery floss & vellum

1) The first, most obvious change I made was turning this one page layout into a two-page spread. It was such an easy change up! All I really did was add two more 4x6 photos. Doing this gave me extra space for my title & journaling. All other dimensions were kept the same.

30-happy-5th-2

30-happy-5th-3

30-happy-5th-5

2) I swapped out the hearts in the sketch & used buttons instead. I usually just glue my buttons down, but there was so much stitching on here already that I thought it just fit. I also slid a label sticker behind each cluster of buttons to ground them a bit more.

30-happy-5th-4

3) To get my journaling to pop on my printed paper, I printed it on vellum & then put it on top of the patterned paper. I added an extra label sticker with the date to camouflage where the vellum ends on the paper (since I came up with idea AFTER I started stitching Smile)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'm envious of your creativity. You and Brenda got me beat. :)

    ReplyDelete