Friday, March 30, 2012

sketch support | awesome

It’s one-page week at Sketch Support again. Head on over there to get a free copy of this week’s sketch & check out what the rest of the creative team came up with.

I decided to use a picture taken of my son on his 7th birthday and incorporate an interview with him for my journaling. I used the same questions for him on his 6th birthday (and on Olivia’s 5th last year too). The questions came from Cathy Zielske’s Story Guide Layered Template #1 available here.

04-awesome

Supplies – patterned paper: October Afternoon, Echo Park, Sweet Caroline by My Mind’s Eye, Cosmo Cricket; epoxy paper clip: Sweet Caroline by My Mind’s Eye; letters: Thickers by American Crafts, Authentique; chipboard accents: Bella Blvd; label sticker: Cosmo Cricket; interview questions: from Cathy Zielske’s Story Guide Layered Template #1; ink: Tsukineko; other: embroidery floss

Since you can’t read what he said too well, I thought I’d include his “awesome” answers:

My favorite food is: sushi
My favorite sport to play is: soccer.
The best show on television is: Beyblade Metal Masters.
The coolest person on Earth is: Jack.
My best subject in school is: playing tetherball.
The thing I do the most awesomely is: Bakugan battles.
If I could change my name, it would be: Monsoono.
If I could go anywhere in the world, I’d go to: China.
My favorite color is: green.
When I grow up, I’m going to become a: I don’t know.
The thing my parents are too strict about is: cleaning up my room & not letting me watch shows on TV that I want to watch.
My current favorite band is: LMFAO (I’m Sexy & I Know It).
The last book I read was: Bakugan Ultimate Handbook.
Three words that describe me are: good friend, funny, smart.
When I was little, I used to: ride my bike around the block with my dad.
My favorite season of the year is: summer.
The snack I could live on is: Gushers.
The food that makes me want to puke is: yogurt.
My best friend is: Jack Hutchison.
If I had one wish it would be: to have a whole bunch of toys.
My best memory is: riding CA “SCREAMIN’” with my mom.

Variation #1 – I didn’t use anywhere near as many embellishments! I wanted this layout to be a bit more “clean & simple” since it’s about my son…not that a layout about a boy can’t have embellishments, but I really liked how it looked without much extra.04-awesome-1

Variation #2 – I used a few label & word stickers, plus a “7” (since this is when Brandon turned seven) in place of the flower/button embellishments.04-awesome-2

1 comment:

  1. This layout is AWESOME! I love it! Love the colors and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete