Sunday, June 5, 2011

april (project 12)


Here is the sketch from Scrapbook & Cards today:

untitled


And here is my take on it:

30-april

I stayed pretty true to the sketch (again) and used my May GTKC.

Originally I had planned on using my April kit, because it has the corrugated butterflies from Jillibean Soup. But I’ve used that kit a lot recently & was excited to use my May goodies. So I used three buttons (from Crate Paper, in my May kit) in place of each butterfly. I glued them done with Tombo Mono Adhesive.

30-april-1

I used a border punch on the strip of orange paper here and then stitched it down to my page & journaling block. Unfortunately I thought I had enough thread in my bobbin…and I did not! Of course I started stitching under where the photo went, so I had to rip out all of the stitching, which left me with holes on my layout. Ugh. I was sure if I could get my stitches in the same spots so I then handstitched the strip.
I used some mini number stickers here in the journaling block to coordinate to each picture. I wish I’d typed up my journaling because it was really hard to write on the textured cardstock. Oh well. Live & learn :)

30-april-2

I pulled out my border punches again for the top of the page. This time I did one with a scalloped edge & one with the notebook edge.  I stitched them too.
30-april-3]

No comments:

Post a Comment