Thursday, June 2, 2011

bubble blowin’


I love Monday mornings! For a long time I went to MOPS on Mondays, then as my kids got older (and my life got crazier), I stopped. At first it was really tough, but then I realized it was my only time with just ONE child! Holy Cow! So Mondays became special Abbie & me time.

I took these photos of Abbie blowing bubbles one Monday in March, and just got around to scrapping them last weekend. I used a one page sketch for Sketch Support (seen here) and stayed pretty true to the design.

I did change the size of the photos from one 3x4 & one 6x4 to two 4x4s. I couldn't get any of the photos I had of this morning to work in the 3x4 size. A very quick & easy change in PSE.

17-bubble-blowin

I broke into my May GTKC for the 2nd time with this layout. I’m really loving all the patterned papers in it! I created the curve in PSE by using the custom shape tool & drawing a flag across an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. I got the curve to the size I wanted & then printed it on a piece of scratch paper to make a template. So easy!

17-bubble-blowin-1

I swapped out the stars in the original sketch for circles (to represent bubbles). I used my 1 1/4”, 1” & 3/4” punches and then inked the edges in brown.

17-bubble-blowin-2

The letter stickers were in the kit too, from Bella Blvd. I like the font (even though the stickers weren’t laying down & sticking as well as I wanted them too!).

17-bubble-blowin-3

No comments:

Post a Comment