Saturday, June 18, 2011

invited you are, to a star wars birthday party

 

Brandon had a Star Wars birthday party for his 6th birthday this year. I think it was our best themed party ever! I’m not a Star Wars fanatic by any means, but I had so much fun planning the party (and even more fun scrapping about it, lol!).

11-star-wars-birthday

Supplies: Bazzill  Basics cardstock; Basic Grey & American crafts letter stickers; My Mind’s Eye and Basic Grey patterned paper; American Crafts buttons

I started out by selecting a layout from my Sketches for Scrapbooking  volume 7*. (There were a few layouts I liked, so I kept going thru my photos to see which layout would work best with the photos I wanted to showcase.)  Then I went back thru my photos from Brandon’s party & resized them in Photoshop Elements so they would work on this layout.

*Rumor has it that another one will be coming out soon…And I get to have a giveaway for one since I’m one of the newest members of the Sketch Support design team!

11-star-wars-5

I’ve been waiting to use my March GT kit for this layout, because I think the colors are nice and boyish. But it still took me FOREVER to figure out which papers I was going to actually use on this page when I sat down to scrap!

11-star-wars-1

I did know that I wanted to use the blue letters from Basic Grey for my title. The funky font has always looked Star Wars-like to me (and yes, I know it isn’t!).

11-star-wats-311-star-wars-4

The original sketch calls for stars for embellishments. Usually I just use whatever I want for accents, but since this is a STAR Wars page, I thought it would be appropriate to use actual stars! I finally broke down & picked up two star punches, both Marvy Uchida Clever Levers (the “regular” orange one & “extra jumbo” yellow one). I started playing around & came up with my own embellishments by layering the stars and a 1 3/8” circle punch. I inked up the edges, added a button, and was pretty happy with myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment