Thursday, August 11, 2011

10 things i love about summer

 

This layout is based on the latest two-page sketch on Sketch Support. I didn’t get it done on time to be on the blog, but you can pop on over to check out more ideas based on this sketch, and to get a copy of the sketch for free Smile

46 ten things...

supplies: patterned paper: Echo Park & Little Yellow Bicycle; journaling card: Technique Tuesday; rhinestones: Doodlebug Designs; title block: Little Yellow Bicycle; Spray Mist: Tattered Angels; other: embroidery floss, (All items from my August Green Tangerine’s kit)

1) I flipped the sketch horizontally & also vertically, just because.

 

46-ten-things-4

2) To get the swirl that I stitched, I opened up the sketch in Photoshop Elements. I cropped & resized the actual sketch so that the dimensions were 24x12. Then I cropped the portion where the swirl was to 8.5x11 so I could print it out at 100%. Then I traced a line onto the swirls so I could figure out where to punch it. Once I punched all of my holes, I flipped the paper over & punched my swirls onto the layout. (My layout is flipped, so I needed my swirl to be flipped too, I hope that makes sense!). After punching my holes, I flipped my layout over & traced the dots (on the back of my layout) so I could see what holes went to which swirl. Then I just started stitching! I’m pretty pleased with the results!

 

46-ten-things-3

3) For the strait stitched line I used my Sew Easy tool. I’m still getting the hang of it, but I find if I lightly draw a line where I want my stitching to be, I can make a straight line.

The journaling block is from Technique Tuesday, and is from a sheet of paper.

 

46-ten-things-1

3) The title block came with 10 strips to write your 10 summer memories on. I was going to ask my kids, but then decided it was going to be MY favorite summer memories Smile I wrote one on each strip, and when I placed it in the page protector I cut a slit on that page so we can remove the strips to read them anytime.

 

46-ten-things-2

4) This was also the first time I used spray mist…love it! I sprayed the blue waves just to make it more blue, so nothing exciting, but I had fun playing as I sprayed. I can totally see now why people are addicted to their mists…I may have to find me some more things to spray now !

1 comment:

  1. Christine, this layout is amazing! I love, love, love that stitched swirl and what a great tip for using the sketch itself as a template! :)

    ReplyDelete