Wednesday, August 10, 2011

sketch support: merry christmas

57-merry-christmas

Supplies: Patterned paper & stickers: Echo Park

This layout came together so easily! All Echo Park supplies, and all of my strips came from the sheet of border strips! Yippee! The hardest part was trimming around the trees, and that’s just because my eyes don’t like seeing up close too well anymore, LOL!

57-merry-christmas-1

1) I kept all the photos on the left hand side the same sizes in the sketch. However, I decided to make a 6x12” photo block on the right instead of four 6x4 photos. Thank goodness for photoshop, right? I just played around with the pictures that I had from Christmas until I liked it, and then resized them to make them fit. I added a 10px stroke outline border to all of the photos in the block because they were blending together too much.

2) Well, obviously this isn’t a “summer” theme, so no waves on this layout. I kept the striped border the same, and added a “ho ho ho” border strip on top. The Christmas trees are attached  to the stripes, so I just trimmed around each tree to add some shape to the strip (instead of waves like in the sketch).

57-merry-christmas-3

3) Another change is how I used the trees & Santa instead of the cool swirls in the sketch. The trees were too green on their own, so I added Santa. And the sticker sheet that I had came with this nice little journaling box. Woo-hoo!

57-merry-christmas-2

No comments:

Post a Comment