Thursday, August 18, 2011

sketch support: add-on | christmas card

 

{See what the rest of the team came up with the add-on sketch here}

august-add-on

Supplies: paper & stickers, Echo Park; ink: Tsukineko; scallop punch: Stampin’ Up!

After doing my Christmas two-page layout, I had a ton of scraps sitting on my desk. What better way to use them than in this month’s add-on sketch? So instead of making a party hat, I made a fun Christmas tree!

The first thing I did was cut a sheet of scrap paper to 3 1/2” x 5”. I cut my triangle base from that using the directions on the original sketch. Then, using the sketch as a guideline, I started laying leftover strips of paper across the base paper. I used more green than the other prints to keep it looking more like a tree than just a bunch of paper. Once everything was adhered, I trimmed the edges & inked them. I punched one strip with a scallop punch for the bottom of the tree.

I added a sticker to the top of the tree, on pop dots, for the star. I used two more stickers, also on pop dots, for the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment