Sunday, August 21, 2011

christmas cards 2010, part one

 

I love getting Christmas cards! I love seeing pictures of people I don’t see very often, I love reading updates on everyone’s lives. And I love saving those photos so I can look back on them as the years go by.

The quandary is, how on earth can I get ALL of those photos onto a scrapbook page?

The answer: usually not on *a* single scrapbook page, but a few.

Last year I was able to consolidate all of my card photos onto four pages. This year I took a different approach & actually created a layout for my cards…and ended up with six pages (three layouts) all together. It took a little bit more work, but I’m very pleased with the results!

I was inspired by Nichol Magouirk from Two Peas. I subscribe to her blog, so I’ve seen a few of her  card layouts. Then I checked them out on Two Peas & sketched my own version. Here’s the first layout:

58-christmas-cards

 

supplies are all Echo Park (except the date, Thickers of course!)…and yes, I almost used up my stash with all of these layouts! What was left went into one card & a goody box for my five year old Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment