Here is the sketch I started with:
And this is what I came up with:
Supplies – patterned paper: Stella and Rose by My Mind’s Eye, Little Yellow Bicycle; letter stickers: American Crafts; stickers: October Afternoon; chipboard: Pebbles; ink: Tsukineko; ribbon & word strips: from Green Tangerine Kit Club (September); other: staples
1) The most obvious change I made was that I did a single page layout, using the left-hand side of the sketch.
2) I used one large (8”x6”) photo in the photo block. I had this great picture of my daughter from her third birthday just asking to be scrapped, so I resized it in Photoshop Elements & converted it to black & white.
3) On the far left I used an oversized “label” that I made by tracing a template onto patterned paper. I embellished it with lots of word stickers from October Afternoon, and then added a chipboard flower to bring some pink to that area.
4) I added an extra layer of paper along the top by using some fun word strips that came in my Green Tangerine’s kit club box. I liked the words together (“be yourself. be amazing.”) and it added a nice bit of white to the top to balance it out.
5) Lastly I used a few staples to help hold the ribbon in place, and also on the word strips to bring in some detail.