Monday, October 31, 2011

card week | happy birthday

 

It’s card week at Sketch Support! Head on over there to get the great sketch I used for this card, and check out everyone else’s take as well.

Nov-card

Supplies - patterned paper: My Mind's Eye, Basic Grey; letter stickers: American Crafts, Basic Grey; brads: unknown (in my Green Tangerine's Kit Club March kit); buttons: American Crafts; ink: Tsukineko; other: embroidery floss

I chose everything for this card to give it a bit more of a masculine feel. My dad’s birthday was last week, and I realized I had only a couple “man” cards in my stash! Usually I don’t give too many cards to guys, but it’s nice to have some on hand for when I do need them.

1) I really stuck to the sketch for sizes this time. I really like how having all of the strips 1/2” made it easy for me to play around with what order I wanted them in (I trimmed the length after I made my decision).

2) I swapped out the flowers, purely because I didn’t have any flowers that matched, but I had some buttons & brads!

No comments:

Post a Comment