Saturday, October 8, 2011

simple stories product challenge| birthday card

 

Simple Stories was kind enough to give all of us on the Creative Team at Sketch Support some fun products to use as part of the Sketch Support product challenge. We were asked to create a card based on the following sketch using the supplies we were given.

Layout 1

Here is what I came up with:

Oct-card-SS

supplies - patterned paper & stickers: Simple Stories; letter stickers: American Crafts; corrugated number: Jillibean Soup; ink: Tsukineko; cardstock: Bazzill Basics

This was such a fun card to put together using this card sketch from Sketch Support.

1) I used both sides of a sheet of patterned paper to create my background layer. I just cut four 2 1/2” squares & then placed two face up & two face down, in opposite corners. Then I inked just the outside edges to give it a bit more definition.

2) I wanted a nice, simple stripe to cross over them, so I trimmed approximately 1/2” of striped paper from one of the sheets of paper. It came off of a journaling block that I wasn’t using. Again, I inked the edges.

3) Next I layered a piece of orange cardstock (inked) and a plain piece of patterned paper. This is the inside of the same journaling block that I got the striped piece from. I wanted something simple to layer my stickers on top of.

4) Now that I had a nice base, I picked out a few stickers, popped up the word party, and added “7th” with some letters & numbers from my stash. (My son has a bunch of friends turning seven soon so I know this will get used).

No comments:

Post a Comment