Friday, October 14, 2011

simple stories product challenge| now we are six

Simple Stories was kind enough to give all of us on the Creative Team at Sketch Support some fun products to use as part of the Sketch Support product challenge. We were asked to create a layout based on the following sketch using the supplies we were given.

09 june basic sketch

I’ve been waiting to come across the right design for my “Now We are Six” idea. This sketch fit my idea perfectly!

12-now-we-are-six

Supplies – patterned paper & stickers: Simple Stories; cardstock: Bazzill Basics; corrugated letters: Jillibean Soup; number stickers: October Afternoon; other: pop dots

1) I eliminated the photo block of six photos on the right page, & just used a single 4'”x6”.

2) I added the strip of number stickers across the top because I wanted to bring some more color behind the title.

12-now-we-are-six-3

3) I didn’t do any extra embellishments on the rectangle on the left. The Simple Stories papers were already decorated, so I worked with what was there. I did add the “good times” sticker (on top of a label printed on the paper). I used the “happy BIRTHDAY” sticker along the bottom to tie the block to the photos (and I popped it up as well).

12-now-we-are-six-1

4) I punched the “happy day!” label out of sticker that was a different shape.

12-now-we-are-six-2

No comments:

Post a Comment