I used some new papers from Jillibean Soup's Pasta Fagioli collection. I won all the paper from a Jillibean Soup drawing Facebook...score! So I was thrilled to use some on a layout.
Originally my plan was to have this layout done by Sept 20 to enter it into a contest. The sketch showed a tree on the right hand page (where the soccer photo is). So I had this great idea in my head to make some cool funky tree with paper circles of patterned paper, etc., and it looked awful when I tried to get it to work. Absolutely awful. So this layout sat on my desk for a few extra days while I tried to figure out what to do with it. Finally I decided on just adding another photo to fill up the space, and I like how it worked.
The other snafu I ran into was the stitching. I ended up handstitching around the photo block. I had planned on using my sewing machine. But my machine has been doing wacko things, like locking up & making one big huge knot. I tested it on some scratch paper ahead of time (thank goodness!) to make sure I had fixed it...and it turns out, I hadn't. I'm so glad I didn't try the machine on here, I'd be really ticked off if I had messed up this layout!
I used journaling strips again (Gill Sans MT font). I love those. I know I overuse them, and someday I'll look back & laugh that every layout has them on it (like how I used to enlarge the font of a few words on EVERY. SINGLE. LAYOUT.). But for now it works for me :)
I cut the camera out of the patterned paper, popped it up, and slapped it onto one of the journaling sprouts.