Saturday, October 16, 2010

hot summer nights


I don't know why this layout took me so long, but it did.

The photos are from this past July, when my mother-in-law & niece came up to visit. We all went to nearby Folsom Lake for a picnic dinner. I got some great photos that evening, and I couldn't wait to scrap them. I picked a sketch from Allison Davis (I don't remember which volume) and picked out some photos fairly quickly. Then it was time to choose the paper...and that's when my drama began :)

Nothing I grabbed worked like how I wanted it to. I finally (after about three tries!) settled on my papers, all leftover from my August '09 Green Tangerine's kit. The blue is from Basic Grey's Marrakech line. Unfortunately I'd already punced a circle out of it, in a spot I had no way to cover up. So I trimmed it down to about 10 1/2" wide (it was supposed to be 12" wide).

The striped paper is from Jillibean soup, and that was the last of it. I love that paper, so I may pick up another sheet!

Then I remembered I had picked up those cool flowers from Jillibean too...perfect! Just the spot of color I needed. Except I wasn't sure what to put on them. I found some buttons that did the trick, and tied them off with embroidery floss.

I used another flower from Jillibean here too. Except I added a chipboard button that I had covered with some more Jillibean paper (Pasta Fagioli collection). Topped off with a button from my stash.

And this isn't a great picture, but you get the gist. I didn't feel like pulling it out of my album for a retake :)

I inked the edges of the yellow paper to jazz it up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment