Monday, December 6, 2010

december daily, day 5

day_05

Tonight we went to my parents’ house for dinner, a Sunday tradition. I had taken a few photos throughout the day (and I included those too), but my favorite BY FAR was the one I used on the right: Abbie playing with the advent house ornaments & my mom’s train. My sister & I used to do that when we were little (only we got in trouble for it!).

Sometimes I wonder if taking so many pictures gets in the way of life. But then, there are times like today that I am thankful I’m chasing my kids around with a camera. It makes me so much more aware of what they are doing, and allows me to reflect & be in the moment. I can put the camera down when I need to get in the game, but I can’t go back & take pictures I didn’t get the first time.

1 comment:

  1. What a great connection with the advent house. I love these types of stories. Great photos and your album is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete