Since getting over the flu, I’ve been so full of energy. Mostly I’ve been cleaning & de-cluttering, but the other day I finally got around to scrapping again.
Using this sketch from Project 12, I came up with this layout:
I finally broke into my April Kit Club stash that’s been very neglected until now, and it’s got such fun stuff in it…lots of Jillibean Soup and these adorable pre-cut clouds.
I punched the butterflies out of the butterfly print paper from Jillibean…crazy, I know. But I’m pretty rotten at cutting them out by hand, and I wasn’t sure how I was going to snip the antennae. I still didn’t have any antennae, but all I had to do was squeeze a punch to get this butterflies. I stitched them on with one big stitch in brown to complement the body.
I added three butterflies total, because I always add embellishments in threes (well, usually). I’m not going to pretend to be a design guru, but I like how everything is (mostly) balanced to my eyes when I use three.