Monday, November 28, 2011

two page sketch | at apple hill

 

This is from a couple of weeks ago at Sketch Support!

11-04-two-page(NOV)

Here’s my take on the sketch:

51-at-apple-hill

Supplies – patterned paper: Echo Park, American Crafts, Imaginesce, Authentique; letter stickers: Bella Blvd; stickers: Bella Blvd. & American Crafts; brads: Lush by My Mind’s Eye; ink: Tsukineko; other: pop dots & embroidery floss (supplies from October GTKC)

1) The first change I made was that I included an extra photo.

I always crop, edit, & resize my photos in PSE before I print them. This time I made the height of all  my photos 4” & then I played around until I liked how the fit on a 8”x4” block. Originally I had them arranged differently, so I had my two group photos separated. Then I realized that if I wanted one of my kids to be in the center photo, I was going to have to cut their face in half to have their photo on two pages. That’s why I love playing in PSE first!

2) I used these pumpkin & apple stickers from American Crafts instead of a flower up near my title. I layered a phrase sticker from Bella Blvd on top. I added the cloud behind them because I thought a little blue would help the colors pop.

51-at-apple-hill-3

3) Again I swapped out the flowers (and used more pumpkins, apples, and a scarecrow). I used a few more phrase stickers from Bella Blvd…I’m so glad I got these! The phrases were perfect for this layout! I also omitted the swirls. My paper & pictures were busy enough & I think the swirls, as pretty as they are, would’ve been too much on this layout.

51-at-apple-hill-1

51-at-apple-hill-2

No comments:

Post a Comment