Friday, January 27, 2012

sketch support | fun on the 4th


It’s one page week at Sketch Support. Head on over there to download a FREE copy of this great sketch & to see what the rest of the Creative Team did with it.

4thOfJuly

And here’s my take:

36-fun-on-the-4th

Supplies - patterned paper: Jillibean Soup (Watermelon Gazpacho & Blossom Soup); Banana Leaf paper: Creative Imaginations; stickers & alphabets: Jillibean Soup; pen: Slickwriter by American Crafts
36-fun-4th-1

Variation #1 - I swapped out the stars on the left for a bunch of labels & stickers. When I first saw this sketch, I thought, "cool, this will be perfect for my Fourth of July photo!". Then I went to the scrapbook store...So naturally I bought more than I needed, including a sheet of stickers from Jillibean Soup. I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone & had fun with lots of stickers here.

36-fun4th-2

Variation #2 - I moved the title down onto the photo & to the right. I like the idea of the title on the top, but my papers were too busy, and I had a nice open spot on my photo asking for some word art.

Variation #3 - I skipped the journaling strips & used a label sticker instead. I had been contemplating this design change, and then I realized I didn't have anymore matching cardstock. Done. I like the label here :)

1 comment: