Monday, January 16, 2012

project 12 | november 2011

 

For the last two years I’ve had fun playing along with Project 12 from Scrapbook & Cards Today. I just read that they’re changing things up a bit for 2012 & won’t be providing new sketches this year. That’s okay. One, I’m still catching up on 2011(shocker, I know!), and two, I have so many great sketches in my collection from both Sketch Support and Sketches for Scrapbooking that I’ll think I’ll be fine.

So here is my layout for this last November. I didn’t use the Nov ‘11 sketch because it just didn’t work. But I love this sketch from Nov ‘10 so I re-used it.

58-Nov-2011-MIR

Supplies (all from my November GTKC) patterned paper: American Crafts, Bella Blvd., Simple Stories, My Mind’s Eye, Anthologie; layered stickers: Amy Tan for American Crafts; dots: unknown (in my kit); letter stickers: Lush by My Mind’s Eye; paper edger punch: EK Success

The first change I made (which I made when I used this sketch last Nov as well) was to increase the number of photos by adding a second row. I do this a lot.

I also lifted a technique from Davinie Fiero that I’ve used a few times: mix up the bottom layers of paper by using two different patterns. It adds a definite punch of color & some whimsy. Love that.

Another quick change I made was to use the camera & typewriter elements instead of birds & leaves. I actually had birds & leaves in my kit to use, but I love that camera & the typewriter fits the theme as well: photography & document.

58-Nov-158-Nov-3

The “delightful goodness” sticker is probably supposed to be a brad or button or something, but I liked the extra bit of color it added over here.

58-Nov-2

No comments:

Post a Comment