Sunday, January 10, 2010

Life in Pictures

I finally finished the title page of our 2009 album...Now I only need to finish the album, right?

I *love* how this turned out! I just wish I had a way to display it already....I have seen cute displays with the Ikea curtain wires & page protectors hanging from them. And the bonus is that they are CHEAP! However, I held off on buying those when I was last at Ikea since I was still in the middle of figuring out my office.

I have the Expedit shelves in here with all open spaces. I'm planning on putting 12x12 frames over the openings of some spots to cover up necessary clutter, and to display layouts before they get hidden away in albums. But again, I haven't bought the frames! I did pull out a 25% sale & regular price frame coupon for Michael's today, but I didn't feel like going over there after work. Oh well, for the time being at least I can share on here, right?

So here is my layout:



It's a take on Kristen's Christmas card. I loved how it looked & knew when I saw it I could adapt it to work for our family. I was going to include our dog too, but I don't have any good recent pictures of him!

Everything is from my September kit. I wrote out "life in pictures" for two reasons: 1) I wasn't sure if I really liked how the ribbon that said it looked & 2) when I decided that the ribbon word looked fine & went to adhere it I put the adhesive on the "right" side, making it pretty unusable. Oh well!

At first I wasn't sure how the photos looked on their own, without any border or mat. It needed something and a white or colored edge just wasn't doing it for me. Then I looked over at my pile of goodies & saw the word strips. Awesome! I did have to trim them a little to make them fit, but it was so easy & *exactly* what the picture needed. It was a bit plain on the left so I added the year.

I must say, I'm pretty proud of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment