Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All Aboard!

Last December we got to go on the Polar Express at the California Railroad Museum in Sacramento. My mom treated us (minus Abbie who was too young) to a fun evening. Brandon & Olivia were thrilled beyond words to get to take the train to the North Pole!



Now that it's summer I'm finally using my December kit from Green Tangerines! I was inspired by a layout I saw on the American Crafts blog back in December. I liked how she layered all the papers, and did the strip of photos. Perfect for this! Especially because I had about five more I could've easily used, but I didn't want a two-page layout.


I cut a 1/2" strip of the striped paper, and a 7/8" strip of the red floral/snowflake (I didn't want it to be fully 2x the height of the striped). The postage label is a sticker strip from Collage Press. All were in my kit.


I cut the snowflake for a glitter die-cut sheet of paper from K I Memories (which is why the ends of the snowflake are kind of wonky!). The center is a "period" from some red glitter Thickers I had from a previous kit. It adds just a little something to the center of each snowflake.


The red letter stickers are from Cosmo Cricket. I like how they're just a bit bigger than many of the other mini alpha stickers I have. I painted the white fabric thickers that came in my kit. It was so easy! I used some brown acrylic paint I had sitting around & did one quick coat. One of the "a" stickers is a bit darker because I tried to use a stamp pad to do it first...I don't recommend that. But I do recommend painting them! I knew it could be done on the foam letters so I though I'd give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment