Saturday, September 11, 2010

turning two

Abbie had her second birthday almost two months ago! We had a small gathering at home since 1) most of my friends don't have kids her age and 2) of the friends who would come, most were on vacation. Which was fine with me!

I used some of my leftover My Mind's Eye papers from Olivia's birthday layout along with a Becky Higgins' sketch. I used some Thickers from my stash; I would've loved to have titled my layout "Abbie two" since she says "Abbie too" all the time! However, I named her Abbie with an "ie" not Abby with a "y". And I didn't have any black "e" sticker. I could've bought new Thickers, but I would've had to order them, and sometimes I just want to finish a layout, KWIM?

I added journaling strips on the right page, with some quick details of her "party" and what her gifts were (not much, since #3 doesn't really need anything!).

The buttons are mostly Jenni Bowlin & from my April/May Green Tangerine's kit. The colors just happened to match the papers! Yay me! I was short one button (I wanted three groups of three), so I used one of my Jillibean Cool Beans buttons.

I added this handprint of Abbie's on the page as well. I don't do it on every birthday layout, but it is a fun addition...and a free embellishment! I used her left hand since (at least right now) Abbie is left-handed. I just painted her hand with some acrylic paint & smooshed it down on white paper for her, and it only took one take! When I've done my other kids' handprints, it usually takes a couple of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment