Sunday, August 29, 2010

legoland

My detailed Legoland experience can be found here. My scrappable story is here:


For this layout I used a sketch from Becky Higgins. I'm sure it's from her sketch book or Creating Keepsakes, but I found the inspiration on her blog here.

The papers are a mix from American Crafts' Heat Wave line & my Apr/May Green Tangerines kit (have you heard? They're reopening sometime in September! Woo-hoo!). I had fun using lots of bright colors on this layout. And, that cute strip of paper at the top with the diamonds on it? It's the reverse of the paper "edge" that's meant to be torn off (with the line name on it). How cool that AC has made that strip functional! Fortunately I had two sheets of the Kahuna Kiwi paper so I was able to do the strip across both sides of my layout.


Although I didn't ink the edges of everything, I did ink the circles. They just needed a little more definition. Becky didn't have them in her original layout, but mine just lacked "something" so I punched some out with my 3" circle punch, inked them, & slid them into a few spots. Perfect!



For my journaling, I used a sheet of lined paper that I trimmed down to size, and then I punched the edge to make it look like I tore it out of a notebook. I've been seeing this a lot lately, and so I recently picked this border punch up at Michael's (40% off!). I'm having a ton of fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment