Monday, December 5, 2011

december daily | day 3

 

Day 3: Today we decorated the Christmas Tree. Finally (if you ask my kids!)

03-R

I’m starting with the right hand side because of this photo. Abbie knows I love taking pictures, and she loves to pose, but obviously she (is only 3) doesn’t fully understand what makes a great photo. So when she turned to me with the ornament box on her face & said, “Mommy take my picture,” well, of course I obliged. And I knew as I took it that it would be my photo for today.

03-detail-1

I embellished the page with a chipboard ornament sticker from Echo Park. I think the paper is Echo Park too. And the letter stickers are from my stash (October Afternoon).

Trick I want to share: I added metallic string in a bow on the ornament. However, it’s that funky string that is kinda stiff so it unties on its own. So I added a drop of silver stickles (because I couldn’t find my glossy accents) to the center of the bow.

03-L

I had fun with this larger photo of Abbie decorating the tree. The lighting in the room was awful, so I played around in PSE to make it work.

After adjusting the levels, I used the actions “slight light” & “soft faded” from Pioneer Woman. Love her! Then I cropped my photo to 6”x8.5” and used a brush to add the lyrics to “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”.

03-detail-2

I wanted to add a bit of journaling to this photo as well. I used an oval journaling tag and typed my journaling on it. I decreased the opacity to about 30%-ish so it would look like a vellum tag.  I’m bummed that what I saw in PSE is NOT what printed, but oh well. Life goes on. Sigh.

03-detail-3

I was having a hard time getting my journaling into the exact spot I wanted, so I just added the “joy” sticker to cover up the white space. Once I was done I used gold stickles to edge the entire photo page. I think this is one of my favorite pages so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment