Monday, March 29, 2010

April 2009

I finally finished another layout :)

I've been working on this layout for Abbie's first year album for awhile. For whatever reason I didn't get too many "scrapbook worthy" photos last April, so it took me a bit longer to decide on a sketch for the layout. Once I picked out my sketch, I had to decide on the papers I wanted to use.

I chose paper from Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love line that I had picked up at the store a few months ago. But I only bought one of each sheet. And for this layout I wanted two of the yellow flower paper. Great. Since my local scrapbook store was closing they didn't have any more left. I could order it, but who wants to pay $5.95 shipping for one sheet of paper? So I ordered a new album too :)


The letter stickers above are from my Green Tangerines February kit. I was going to do journaling strips until I realized I didn't really have much to write about. So I used the letter stickers instead. The only bummer? Abbie was 29 1/2" (not 29) and the stickers didn't have a slash or period to make the fraction/decimal. Oh well, life goes on...

The "abc" strip is cut from the Earth Love borders sheet of paper, and the journaling block is from the Elements paper. I added the Prima letter stickers, also from my February kit.


The quote & hearts are also from the Earth Love Borders paper. It's a vertical border with the quote in the middle & the hearts on a pink background. The strip didn't work on this layout, so I punched out the hearts & inked the edges. Then I cut out the quote (those curly-Q ends were NOT fun!) & pasted it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment