Friday, March 19, 2010

Green Tangerines Kit Club & February layouts, part 1

Have you heard about it?

I've been a subscriber for the last few months, and an admirer before that. I love how someone else has done the dirty work & figured out what papers go together (so I don't have to buy a whole line! score!). And then they've added a bunch of other fun goodies to those papers. Even better!

Recently I was asked to be a guest designer for the February kit! I was beyond thrilled! I had so much fun creating a bunch of layouts from this kit.



I *love* these label stickers from October Afternoon! They add such a neat little extra touch for journaling. Honestly, I used to only do journaling on the computer & I've been converted to handwriting because of these cute labels. :)

I am such a sucker for letter stickers! Any color, any size, any shape...I'll use them all :)


I had fun doing this layout. I was so thankful that we had some awesome weather in mid-February! I brought the kids up to the park specifically to take some pictures so I could scrap them :) I added a grunge edge to the photos in photoshop elements before printing them and used a fun sketch I found on Alison Davis's blog.


I used another one of Alison's sketches on this layout. I've been a diehard sketch user for a LONG time!

I inked the outside of each of these circles to give them a little oomph, and to tie them in with the label stickers. I love mixing up prints like this.

And yes, that is real wood there! How awesome! When I found out I was going to use real wood on a layout I thought I'd use it on something more "natural". But then I got these photos back of my kids playing in a cardboard box & knew it would be best here.

A suggestion for using the wood paper: lots of adhesive! It has a natural "curl" to it, which will flatten out, but adhesive will help. I used that sticky tape (yes, I will admit, I have watched a too much Dora the Explorer) that has the red backing on it. I've seen it at Michaels & Stampin' Up.


I have a lot more layouts I did with this kit. I'll share more of those tomorrow...

You can see all of my layouts & those from all the regular designers at the Green Tangerine's Flikr Gallery.

1 comment: