Monday, March 22, 2010

Cards from my February kit

I used to make a ton of cards, all hand stamped and personalized. I had a huge stash in a box (that was organized by type of card) so I could grab whatever I needed on a moment's notice.

Then I had baby number three.

I don't know about you, but I could handle two kids. Three threw me for a loop.

My youngest is now 20 months (how did that happen?!), so I'm finally starting to breathe again & get my card stash replenished. I'm doing that by using my leftover bits & pieces of patterened paper, cardstock, letter stickers, and embellishments from my February Kit (and others). I figure this way I can make a few cards pretty quickly each month when I go to scrap.

First, I cut my 12x12 sheet of cardstock into three 4x12 strips. I then trimmed down each to be 4x11 because I wanted to make sure each card would only be 4x5-1/2" when folded so it would fit in a standard envelope.


Then I cute 1x3-1/2" strips of patterned paper from the scraps I had left. I inked all the edges & adhered them to the front of the card. Next I added the pretty rick-rack ribbon & a journaling label. I added some small letter stickers to the label & was not quite done.



I wanted to incorporate one of the straight clips on this card. So I punched out a 3/4" circle of patterened paper & glued it onto the clip. There isn't a circle on here that I covered, but I thought it looked pretty cool there. Then I added some of the glossy accents on top of the paper. It was a bit blah, so I blinged it up. Perfect!


Onto my next card...I played around with a sketch I've used for a few layouts & made it work for a card. That's what I love about sketchs: you can tweak them into anything! This time, using a sketch helped me use a few scraps of patterned paper to make another fun card. I used some more letter stickers on this one, as well as a fun flower punch. Of course I had to add some bling before I could call it done!

Okay, that was fun! It was so awesome being asked to be a guest designer! I love challenging myself to use everything from a kit box together. I know some people separate out everything, but that's not me. I like using it all together like it was meant to be. This kit was so fun! I can't wait to see what's in store for the March kit!

And if they ever need another designer... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment