Wednesday, January 26, 2011

everyday abbie

When I first used this layout idea from Cathy Zielske back last fall, I knew I wanted to use it on a regular basis. What a perfect way to document all those “things” your kids do at different stages! Right now I’m thinking I’ll do this every six months so I can catch them at their birthdays & half birthdays. If nothing else, it’s an easy one page “filler”!



I finally used some Basic Grey I’d had sitting around for a couple of years…I think it’s the Bittersweet collection.  I was so thankful to have the letter stickers too!



For my journaling I just listed lots of things that Abbie does right now, and separated each thought with a “|” (key is just above my “enter” key). That way I didn’t have to use complete sentences, and if I had an extra long thought it would work too.



The flowers were in my January kit from Green Tangerines. I didn’t have a pink brad in the right color, so I punched a 3/16” circle with my Crop-o-dile, adhered it to the center of the flower, & then added Glossy Effects to give it a little oompf.

No comments:

Post a Comment