Thursday, January 13, 2011

wish

Last year we started the Christmas wish list tradition with Brandon & Olivia. Since they couldn’t write, my mom helped them cut out pictures from the toy ads that come out in November. We put them in page protectors & they brought them when they visited Santa.
This year they still can’t write, but they can cut on their own. So I collected a bunch of toy ads for them, handed them some scissors, paper, & glue sticks, and let them go to town. I think it took all afternoon!

50-wish

This layout is based on a Page Maps sketch found here. I didn’t get a layout done in time for the contest, but liked the sketch anyway (and had already printed the photos).
I used some Jillibean Soup (speaking of which, have you been to their blog this week? New spring lines are up! *LOVE* them!), along with some new goodies in my January Green Tangerines Kit.

50-wish-1

Unfortunately you can see the number on this journaling sprout because I took a photo from the top of the page (so you wouldn’t see my ugly carpet!). But normally you don’t see it. I popped the flower up & added a “dot” from my letter stickers. I don’t remember where I saw that idea; using your extra dots from your thickers stash instead of buying brads, but I love it!

50-wish-2

I drew my journaling lines again on this layout…why haven’t I done this before? So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment