It’s one page week again on the Sketch Support blog! This week Allison is featuring a sketch from her new book Sketches for Scrapbooks—One Page. You can purchase a copy for yourself here, but you can snag the sketch for FREE here.
Here is the sketch:
And here is my take:
Supplies: patterned paper, letter stickers: American Crafts (Peachy Keen); buttons: my stash
1) The first, obvious variation, is that I used one 4x6 photo instead of the three smaller ones. I didn’t change the size of the three 3x6 panels behind the photos.
2) I substituted these three accordion flowers in the lower right for the stars.
I made these flowers (and the other one) using the bar code strip on the bottom edge of each of my sheets of paper. I *love* how American Crafts (& other brands too) are making this strip usable. I scored each 1/2” strip every 1/4”. After accordion folding each, I taped the ends together with the red “sticky tape” & then glued it down to a 1” punched circle. I found a great tutorial here.
3) Instead of the pretty stitched flourishes & multiple stars, I put only one more flower in the upper right corner of the photo. I tried to just keep the layout looking balanced.
4) To aid with the overall balance, I spelled out “just” in a skinnier, yellow letter sticker, and “dance” in a fat bold color letter sticker. Both came out of the same set of letter stickers & match this line of papers perfectly!
5) I added my journaling onto 3/8” strips to make it a bit more legible, and to make something stand out in the lower right.
And for those of you who’ve made it this far….
Remember to head over here & leave a comment (only one per person please) to win a free copy of Sketches for Scrapbooking, one page sketches, volume 1.