Saturday, May 29, 2010

just ride

Last fall our neighbors across the street gave us their old bikes, which was so awesome! We didn't really want to buy the kids bikes for Christmas since they probably wouldn't be able to ride them much during the winter. Although these were a bit on the small side, they were perfect until their birthdays.

I used the August kit from Green Tangerines on this layout. I've been waiting to use the Hambly Screen bike transparency for a while...I just hadn't quite figured out how I wanted my overall layout to look until recently. The layout is based on a sketch by Alison Davis, in her sketch book #5.


I used up the last of the diagonal stripe paper from my kit. I barely had enough left! I had planned on using red glitter thickers on this title tag. I have two sheets of it; one from the kit & one I had purchased last Fourth of July. Of those two packages, I didn't have any T, R, or E. So...plan B! Fortunately I *love* how it looks with the blue (also purchased last Fourth of July). And even though I wanted red on the tag, I think the font of the blue letters works better overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment