Sunday, May 23, 2010

Olivia's 4th birthday

We celebrated Olivia's fourth birthday one month ago, and I finished this layout last weekend. I had so much fun using a bunch of goodies from My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary Collection. I ordered all this a few weeks ago, along with Basic Grey's Kioshi and some other stuff to fill in my stash, from Two Peas in a Bucket.


I used another great sketch from Allison Davis. This one was from her sketch book volume 5. Originally the left side of the page was supposed to be a circle, and I had full intentions to make it a circle. But then when I got my paper & I saw how cute the die cut paper was...well, I decided to use that in its original state instead!

These flowers were originally white. I dyed them "rose red" with a reinker from Stampin' Up. I don't recommend this...I think I got more ink on my hands (which were stained for a few days!) than on the flower. They weren't drying, so I decided against using them for Mothers' Day cards. Fortunately I didn't throw them away, and a week later they were perfect for this layout!



Allison's orignal layout had journaling strips here, which I love. But I really love this journaling tag so I used it instead! It even has strawberries on it, which were "featured" at Olivia's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment