Sunday, August 8, 2010

July Month in Review

I love doing month in review layouts. I started when I was making my kids' first year baby books. So much easier than doing a layout of every little thing that babies do. I did them every once in a while in our family album until last year, when Green Tangerines started coming out with month in review kits as part of their kit club. Now, I do them regularly, kit or not.

Recently I stumbled upon Scrapbook & Cards Today (thanks to Brenda). They post a sketch once a month as part of their Project 12. Here is the July sketch:


And my take on it:



Again, I used only supplies from my stash! As much as I complain about not having a local scrapbook store right now, it is nice that it forces me to use my stash & not buy new stuff.

The papers are all Bo Bunny & from their Popsicle line last summer. The red is double-sided & dotted on the reverse. It's Bo Bunny also.


I used yellow vinyl thickers that I purchased for a different layout and my SU scallop edge punch here. I really need to get some more edge punches...they are so fun to use! The square embellishment here is one of four that were on a sheet of Bo Bunny paper.

This flower is from American Crafts Heat Wave line. I have gotten so much use out of those flowers! Love them! I used Gill Sans MT Condensed for my font here, and the grid paper is from the Popsicle line as well. I got a bunch of paper last summer when one of our local scrapbook stores went out of business. I did a little handstitching on the journaling spot as well :)

2 comments:

  1. That turned out so cute! I have been using their sketches as well for most of the MIR. I will be making MIR's for the store for the months that we didn't have kit club so that people can catch up. They will hopefully be ready to sell when GT opens in mid-Sept. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun choice of papers for this challenge. Perfect for July! I'm glad you found the challenge and I hope to see you later this month!

    ReplyDelete