Wednesday, August 4, 2010

memorial day

Not only did I scrap my photos from Memorial day less than three months after it occured, but I used up some of my stash too :)


The layout is based on another Allison Davis sketch (volume 5).


This purple flower & center are from an older Green Tangerine's kit, May 2009 I think. They are from Sassafrass & I love them! So glad I still had a few because they go so well with this layout. Bright & funky!

The striped paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Snorkel line. I bought a bunch last summer & used some on my Lake Tahoe layout from last summer. I still had some left so I used it on this page.



The reverse of the stripe is the yellow paper on here. If I had been wise, I would've used one sheet of paper for the three 5x5 squares & two 1x12 strips. Instead I used up part of one scrap for the 1x12s, and chopped up a new sheet (leaving more scrap) for the three squares. Oh well!

The little letter stickers are from American Crafts & also came in one of my kit club boxes. They are so useful! I've used them on a lot of layouts, and even my weekly header cards from Project Life (hmm, I need to share those...). My title letters are also AC & are some Thickers I had laying around, that still had "a" & "e" available! Yippee!

***I just wanted to add that I apologize for the odd coloring of my layouts. I'm having the darndest time trying to get them photographed in natural light without 1) a blue cast from the shade, 2) an yellow cast from the ugly mauve walls in the playroom with "good" light, or 3) super overblown, reflected areas from the sun shining down because I really have no indirect light outside that isn't in the shade. Sigh.***

1 comment:

  1. Try inside your garage with the door open and place the layout on a white foam board. I photograph mine outside my front door--it has shade, but then I lighten them in PSE. Hope that helps! Cute layout!

    ReplyDelete